Source: Guest Submissions Needed!
My good friend Michael over at The Ink Owl is looking for authors to feature their work during August this year. I say “authors” loosely, because it is open to absolutely anyone that would like a piece of their writing featured on his blog.The only criteria is that submissions, and I quote, “contain an essence of fantasy as well as reflect this prompt.”
Into the deep I plunge
I queried the prompt and, as a prospective author about to throw over some of my work, suggested that the very act of doing that was a case of “Into the deep I plunge.” A more literal interpretation that was deemed acceptable!
Why not join me in giving Michael some fantasy to promote your own work and blog?
The guidelines are here, but please link to The Ink Owl via the source of this pressed post above.
Submissions can be short stories, poetry, journal entries, or thoughts. Short stories, journal entries, and thoughts must be between 300 and 1700 words. Poem should have no more than 600 words. Submissions can be previously posted or written, you don’t have to write whole new pieces if you don’t want to.
As a courtesy to my younger or more sensitive readers, please do not use graphic language or excessive profanity.
- Each post will feature a short blurb about you and will contain a link to your site. Please indicate the top 8 tags you would like used.
- Answer these three questions about yourself:
- 1. Where you are from.
- 2. You favourite: piece of writing writing/book/literature.
- 3. In no more than two sentences, why you love to write.
- Photos are more than welcome, and encouraged as long as they do not contain graphic content (i.e. nudity, pornography, violence, self-harm, and the like).
You can submit pieces via email. Send them to:
Subject line: August Submission