Monthly writing prompts for writers needing practice, support and a friendly community. Try something new this year
BlogBattle has an upper limit of 2000 words. This is maximum and not a target everyone must hit. The minimum word count is 250, so anything between the two is perfectly acceptable.
Poetry, by it’s nature can drop under the minimum so no need to worry too much.
It would help grow the community if prompts, story post and individual short stories or poems are shared more on social media. I have heard comments relating to that in terms of some writers not being very active. It is worth mentioning this is an area an aspiring author must get to grips with for publication purposes. Most agents and publishing houses will ask for your social media outlets.
Make sure you post your story by the third Friday of each month.
Once your story is posted, put a link to it in the comments section of the prompt post. We can then add your story to the Battle Stories line-up which is published at the start of week three. If you refer, and direct a link, to the actual prompt post then it will also appear as a ping-back there.
January 2022 BlogBattle
Our word this month is:
Use the hashtag #BlogBattle on Twitter. If you link me in too @GaryJefferies10 then I’ll also retweet it.
The Prompt Word will be given the first Friday of every month
Post your story by the Third Friday of Every Month (the same day as the story post goes live).
- Write a minimum of 250 and a maximum of 2000 words (give or take a few).
- It can be fiction, based on a true story, poetry or even a memoir.
- Any genre that fits within PG-13 (or less) including content must be family friendly.
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen prompt word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value.
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle short story in the comments section.
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
ANY PHOTOS INCLUDED WITH THE PROMPT ARE FOR YOUR BENEFIT FOR INSPIRATION. THEY DON’T NEED TO DICTATE YOUR THEME OR STORY GENRE. ONLY THE WORD OF THE MONTH COUNTS! PHOTOS ARE THANKS TO PUBLIC DOMAIN PHOTO SHARING SITES LIKE UNSPLASH AND PIXABAY.