Calling all writers and wordsmiths. Announcing the #BlogBattle prompt for March for those wanting a quick writing challenge.
Let’s face it, any writing is better than no writing. If the WIP is draining the will to drink coffee, step out and try something totally different.
Engage with authors and writers and the rewards will speak for themselves.
Each month there is a new prompt. Entries are welcome any time up to the end of that month. 1000 words is a maximum, not a target. Any genre, any writing.
You can start writing at any time, but make sure you post your story by the 30th of this month to be put in the running to be highlighted by your friendly Blog Battle admins!
Once you’ve posted your story to your blog, put a link to it in the comments section, and we’ll add your story to the Battle Stories Line-up post.
Make sure to check back and read some of the stories of your fellow battlers. Leave comments to encourage these writers, and share each other’s stories!
March 2019 Blog Battle
Our word this month is:
ANY PHOTOS INCLUDED WITH THE PROMPT ARE ONLY FOR YOUR BENEFIT AS A PINCH OF INSPIRATION. THEY DON’T NEED TO DICTATE YOUR THEME OR STORY GENRE. ONLY THE WORD OF THE MONTH COUNTS! PHOTOS ARE THANKS TO VARIOUS PHOTOGRAPHERS FROM UNSPLASH.COM
Use the hashtag #BlogBattle on Twitter. If you link me in too @GaryJefferies10 then I’ll also retweet it.
The Prompt Word will be given the First Tuesday of Every Month.
Post your story by the 30th of the Same Month.
- 1000 words max (give or take a few)
- Fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- Any genre that fits within PG-13 (or less) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section (link above)
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Have fun!