Calling all writers and wordsmiths. #BlogBattle is back so come join our community and see where the prompts take you.
Let’s face it, any writing is better than no writing. If the WIP is draining the will to drink coffee, step out and try something totally different.
Engage with authors and writers and the rewards will speak for themselves.
Each month there is a new prompt. Entries are welcome any time up to the end of that month. 1000 words is a maximum, not a target. Any genre, any writing.
Go on, read on then spin us a yarn.
September 2018 Blog Battle
Our word this month is:
ANY PHOTOS INCLUDED WITH THE PROMPT ARE ONLY FOR YOUR BENEFIT AS A PINCH OF INSPIRATION. THEY DON’T NEED TO DICTATE YOUR THEME OR STORY GENRE. ONLY THE WORD OF THE MONTH COUNTS! PHOTOS ARE THANKS TO VARIOUS PHOTOGRAPHERS FROM UNSPLASH.COM
You can start writing at any time, but make sure you post your story by the 30th of the month to come into the running for featured writer by your friendly, incorrigible encouraging Blog Battle admins!
The featured writer is by no means the ultimate story of the month. We are trying to develop a supportive community, increase engagement and shout out battlers. To do this we need to pick one of our regular participants and give them a spotlight. The aim is to rotate who this is and give them exposure on social media.
Once you’ve posted your story to your blog, put a link to it in the comments section on the following link and we’ll add your story to the Battle Stories Line-up post.
Make sure to check back and read some of the stories of your fellow battlers. Leave comments to encourage these writers, and share each other’s stories!
Use the hashtag #BlogBattle on Twitter. If you link me in too @GaryJefferies10 then I’ll also retweet it.
The Prompt Word will be given the First Tuesday of Every Month.
Post your story by the 30th of the Same Month.
- 1000 words max (give or take a few)
- Fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- Any genre that fits within PG-13 (or less) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section (link above)
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Have fun!