It’s not every day some generous blogger pops over with award nominations and shout outs to ones humble ramblings, but….
I am humbled to announce that a fellow blogger at the Ink Owl has nominated me for this particular award. This link is to their award post because the list of nominations has some excellent blogs that anyone with a spare half an hour should have a look at. Obviously, whilst there it would be crass not to have a rummage through Ink Owls stories and fiction writing too!
The rules for this nomination and award are as follows:
- You have to thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination.
- Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice.
- Share 7 true facts about yourself.
Seven facts about me:
- I have three degrees; although no albums.
- I listen to Planet Rock radio; which explains no albums by The Three Degrees.
- I was a research scientist and have 12 published papers.
- I gave that up to raise two boys.
- I was chair to a pre-school charity and a school governor; both for five years.
- I write books, short stories and memoirs.
- I have been blogging for one year.
I thought that might have been a struggle, but it seems, when one starts to think, that life, looking back, has a way of surprising me.
15 blogs you should visit.
While these are my nominations there is no pressure at all to do this. Consider it a shout out to your blog, a kindness if that suits you better. It is, in part a thank you to my top interacters, many of whom have become friends.
And remember, I can’t nominate or shout out everybody. Not being mentioned does not place you higher or lower than anyone here. I try and rotate lists over time so consider yourself in waiting, as it were.
- https://samanthamurdochblog.wordpress.com Lovely person who holds mystical knowledge on cats and crystals: quite possibly a witch, but I didn’t say that!
- https://kyrosmagica.wordpress.com What can I say about Marje? Supportive blogger who loves writing. In fact she is close to publishing too. I recently introduced her to Samantha (above) and I’m thinking the cat and crystal connection might also be coven making.
- https://intentergy.com Well deserved shout out and always supportive. Blogs about positivity and kindness. Often pops over with generous comments.
- https://therichnessofasimplelife.wordpress.com Niki blogs voraciously on kindness and well-being, and has set up a business as a life coach. Her first book on the subject is due out soon and I’d urge anyone interested to sign up for Mays Kindness Challenge. There is a link on my blog to it, or visit hers for more information.
- https://daisyinthewillows.wordpress.com What can I say about Daisy? Wonderful heart and, dare I say, good friend. Despite her troubles, she blogs with enthusiasm to help others and share her experiences: an incredibly supportive person. Well worth a visit.
- https://aurawithwriting.wordpress.com Another wonderful blogger with an eclectic mix of stories and tales about her life, thoughts and reflections on life.
- https://portergirl.com Published author Lucy Brazier has carved a fabulous blog based on her book “Secret Diary of PorterGirl.” Not to mention the new blog saga of “Who Shot Tony Blair?” in a post Brexit dystopia.
- https://trulyunplugged.com Lovely lady and writes zany posts rich in wordplay and puns. Also writing a book which will some day dazzle the world. Even beta reading my own book “The Assent of Rose Marie Gray.” Massive heart and full of support wherever she goes.
- https://butismileanyway.com Ritu is new to my network of friends. A teacher and mother of two with a poetry book published called “Poetic Rituals.” Posts about anything and everything. Well worth a visit.
- https://kruidroermenietje.wordpress.com What to say about Patty? Often drops onto my blog and leaves generous comments. Her own blog is wonderfully presented and is mine of writing, poetry and information. From the Netherlands exemplifying that within the blogosphere there are no borders or divisions. Definitely worth a visit and a follow.
- https://theindecisiveeejit.wordpress.com Juls is also new to my world. Self proclaimed eeejit, but no way do I believe that at all! Zany blog and zany banter yes. Eeejit, definitely not.
- https://letscutthecrap.wordpress.com Now this lady is immense. An “irreverent view of life after 65” is how she describes her blog. A Grandma of two girls, active blog battler and short story writer. I’ve already mentioned borders have no boundaries and this blog proves neither does age. Says things as she sees them too so let’s cut the crap and go visit this blog!
- https://rachaelritchey.com Just cannot mention blog battle and leave out Rachael. Author of “The Chronicle of the Twelve Realms”, of which I’ve read “The Beauty Thief.” Prolific blogger and plenty of advice for budding Indie authors.
- https://thesarahdoughty.wordpress.com Sarah is also a frequent visitor and writes evocative dark poetry and fiction. Her about page is all it takes to know where her words come from. Another wonderful and supportive blogger.
- https://my3sixty5challenge.com Can’t not include Matt, only person I’ve met so far that’s doing the 365 days continuos post challenge. Currently day 282. How he keeps going is beyond me, although his posts might be getting more and more insane. Will he be the same man by day 365?
Remember, nominees are in no way obligated to reciprocate. This is my way of saying thanks for following my blog and being there!